Girl dog names usually choose to be a challenge to choose from. You have to decide whether to go for a popular girl name, a creative name, or something spunky. The name has to be perfect and fit your dog’s appearance and personality. Nevertheless, choosing your girl’s name is a fun activity for every pet parent.
The following article contains a list of girl dog names for different girl dog personalities. You can narrow down the names you like before finding one that is perfect for your pet.
Uncommon girl dog names
- Ayesha: Is an Arabic name meaning “alive.”
- Reveka: Is a name of Hebrew origin meaning “captivating” and is perfect for an elegant pup.
- Keava: Is a Scottish name that translates to “gentle or kind.” It is the ideal name for a gentle giant such as a Great Dane.
- Samantha: Is a Hebrew name meaning “Listener.”
- Zahra: Is a beautiful Arabic name meaning “flower.” This the perfect name for a dainty dog.
- Hannah: Is a Hebrew name that has strong Biblical roots meaning “favored one.”
- Kalila: Is an Arabic name that means “beloved.” It is a beautiful name that fit exotic dog breeds
- Arabella: Is a Latin word that translates to “elegant.” This name fits dogs that have an aristocratic feel about them.
- Layla: An Egyptian or Arabic name that translates to “dark beauty.” This name befits female dogs with dark coats.
Top girl dog names
- Peggy: Is a nickname for the name Margaret and is a cute name for a dog.
- Claire: Is a Latin name that translates to “brilliant or clear.” It is a fitting name for a smart pup
- Bianca: Is an Italian name meaning “white.” It is a fitting name for white dog breeds like the Maltese
- Lucy: Means “Light” in Latin. If your pup is the source of light in your life, then the name fits her.
- Molly: Means “wished for child.”
- Chloe: Is a Greek name meaning “care-free.” It is usually given to larger dogs with a loving and loyal personality.
Looking for more dog name ideas? Check these out!
Tough girl dog names
- Hilda: Is a German girl dog name that translates to “battle woman.” It is a name befitting a strong dog like the German shepherd.
- Amelia: Is a German name that means “industrious.” It is also the name of the first woman to fly solo across the Atlantic. It is a badass name for a badass dog.
- Brunhilde: Is a German name that means “Armed for battle.” It is a good name for a strong, fierce dog.
Spanish girl dog names
- Benita: Is a Spanish name that translates to “blessed.” It means that the pup is a blessed addition to your family.
- Corazón: Is a romantic Spanish name that translates to “heart.” It’s a name that expresses the love you have for the dog that has stolen your heart.
- Pequena: Is a Spanish name that means “little one.” The name is ideal for small dog breeds like the chihuahua.
- Mullida: Translates to “fluffy.” It’s an ideal name for dog breeds with thick wavy coats such as Catalan Sheepdogs and Spanish Water Dogs.
- Mariposa: This beautiful Spanish name translates to “butterfly.” It is a name fitting for an elegant dog.
- Roja: Is the feminine version of Rojo, a Spanish name that translates to “red.” If your dog has a red coat or has a fiery temperament, this name is perfect for her.
- Alma: Means “soul.” It’s the perfect name for a pup that you love dearly.
Check out these female dog names in Spanish.
German girl dog names
- Fritzi: Is a German name that means “peaceful ruler.” It’s a wonderful name for a dog who knows she’s the alpha.
- Gretchen: Is a German name that means “pearl.” It is a cute name for a white girl dog.
- Leona: Is a German word that means “lioness.” It is a good name for a tough dog.
- Ursula: Is a German girl dog name that translates to “little female bear.” It is perfect for a tough and strong dog.
- Ada: Is a name that means noble, or nobility
- Heidi: This German name means “of noble birth.” The name is perfect for an elegant and classy pooch.
Check out these Dog names in German
Irish girl dog names
- Edan: Irish name meaning “fiery.” The name is excellent for a pup with a fiery temperament.
- Maeve: Is an attractive Irish name that means “alluring or intoxicating.” The name is perfect for a dog you can’t stop thinking about.
- Aisling: Is an Irish name that roughly translates to “dream.” It is a well-suited name for the dog of your dreams.
- Aoife: Is a name meaning “beauty” in Irish. Your pup is beautiful and she should know it for the rest of her life.
- Sheena: Is an Irish name meaning “God is gracious.”
- Orla: Roughly translates to “golden and radiant princess.” The name is perfect for dogs with golden fur.
- Neala: A cute name option that means “champion” in Irish
- Kerry: Means “dark princess” in Irish. The name is ideal for a pup with a dark coat.
Also check these out!
Hawaiian girl dog names
- Malia: Means “beloved” in Hawaiian. It is a name befitting a dog you love.
- Leilani: Is a Hawaiian name that means “royal child.”
- Manu: Means “bird” in Hawaiian. It is the perfect name for an active dog that loves the outdoors.
- Akela: Is a Hawaiian word that means “wisdom.” The name fits intelligent dog breeds such as the border collie and German shepherd.
- Alamea: Means “precious child” in Hawaiian. It’s an ideal name for your precious pooch.
- Kailana: Is a Hawaiian name that translates to “adored one.”
- Uilani: Roughly translates to “great beauty” in Hawaiian. It is a beautiful name for an elegant dog.
Greek girl Dog Names
- Eleanor: Is a popular name of Greek origin that means the “shining one.”
- Alexandra: Is a Greek name that means “helper.” It would make a beautiful name for a service dog.
- Kaitlyn: is a Greek name that means “pure.” It is an ideal name for a pure and sweet pup.
- Sophia: Is a beautiful name that means “wisdom” in Greek.
- Cora: Means “girl” or “daughter” in Greek. It is also the other name of Persephone, a Greek goddess and the daughter of Zeus.
French Girl Dog names
- Oriane: Is a name of French origin that means “sunrise.”
- Avery: Is a French name meaning “wise.” It is an ideal name for an intelligent pup.
- Faye: Is a French girl dog name that means “faith and loyalty.”
- Benoite: Loosely translates to blessed in French.
- Esme: Is a name that means “beloved” or “esteemed” in French
What matters the most is that the name you choose will be easy for your dog to learn.
Pick a name that is easy to pronounce since you’ll be calling it out a lot. The name you choose should make you happy. Good luck!
Haven’t found something yet?
Do you want to know more about dogs? You can begin here: Fun Male Dog Names For Your Pup, Black Male Dog Names, Good Male Dog Names, Funny Names For Male Dogs, Hawaiian Dog Names, Dog Groomers Near Me, Poodle Terrier Mix Guide, Badass Dog Names, Italian Dog Breeds, Dog Mom Mother’s Day Gifts, Common Girl Dog Names Ultimate A-Z List, Unique Girl Dog Names,